RTC Events & JBR Run & Tri Club are pleased to announce that we are organising the fifth Rayleigh 10k cross-country run to take place on Sunday 4th June 2023.
Following the success of previous years we have managed to keep the Rayleigh 10k alive and will now be organising the event alongside JBR Run & Tri Club.
The Rayleigh 10k cross-country run will take place on Sunday 4th June 2023.
The course will follow the same route as before, starting and finishing at Belchamps Scout Activity Centre and will follow a circular route through Hockley Woods, Grove Woods and Gusted Hall Woods, using pathways and bridleways and will be CHIP TIMED.
Entrance fees: (pre-booked) - £17 (UKA Affiliated, £19 (unaffiliated) plus booking registration fee
To Enter Online CLICK HERE NOW:
Age limit: 16 and over
Race limit: 499 entrants
There will be four prizes (trophies) awarded:-
first place male (16-40)
first place female (16-35)
first place male veteran (over 40)
first place female veteran (over 35)
plus a medal for all finishers.
Water stations will be provided at approximately 5km and at the finish.
When you enter, you will be asked to enter your expected finish time. This event will be a mass start with chip timing, your time starts when you cross the starting matt and finishes when you cross the finish line matt.
Important information for participants:-
1. UK Athletics Permit number tba
2. The start and finish of the run is at Belchamps Scout Activity Centre, Holyoak Lane, Hawkwell, Essex SS5 4JD. Access to Belchamps is via Main Road/Poplars Avenue/Woodside Chase/Holyloak Lane (it is sign-posted on Main Road). Please do not use Mount Bovers Lane for either access or parking, as this is a private unmade road. Alternative access from Main Road is via Hawkwell Chase/Elmwood Avenue/Woodside Chase/Holyloak Lane or Tudor Way/Hawkwell Chase/Elmwood Avenue/Woodside Chase/Holyloak Lane.
3. Car Parking: There will be approximately 150 car parking spaces available at Belchamps, provided that the ground is firm enough to allow parking on grass. If not, it will be reduced to approximately 50 spaces at Belchamps. Alternative parking for up to 50 cars is available at Clements Hall Leisure Centre, Clements Hall Way, Hawkwell SS5 4LN, which is approximately 1 mile from Belchamps by car and 15 minutes walk. If you use on-street parking in the vicinity of Belchamps, please park considerately and ensure that access for residents and emergency vehicles is not restricted in any way. It would be appreciated if you could car-share or arrange to be dropped-off, where possible.
4. Registration: Check-in will open at 7.45am and the run will start at 09.30am. On arrival, please go to the registration desk in the marquee to collect your race number and chip. Please bring the confirmation for your entry. Please arrive in good time to allow enough time for the check-in procedure and for you to complete the mandatory “Competitor Information” on the reverse of your race number.
5. Bags: Your race number will have a tear-off strip to attach to your bag. Bag storage will be in the marquee by the registration desk. All property/bags left in the marquees are left at the owners risk, you are advised to not leave any valubles within your bag.
7. Dogs: dogs are not allowed on the course.
8. General: By entering this event you warrant that to the best of your knowledge that you are medically fit to do so and that you have no medical disability that could endanger yourself or others by taking part and will not run if you are unfit on the day. You understand and agree that the organisers will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness, however caused as a consequence of entering this event. You agree that during the run you will obey the marshals’ instructions.
9. To contact the organisers please email: email@example.com